Vetemondeis a two-sided e-commerce fashion and beauty platform/marketplace that showcasesemerging quality and luxury brands from the African continent and the African diasporas. Our aim is tobe the first point of contact for consumers in Africa and our platform will deliver quality products,variety, great online features to make the shopping experience easier and to create impact forbusinesses within the African fashion ecosystem.
About the role
Vetemonde is looking for a technical co-founder to represent the technological interests within thecompany’s senior leadership team. The individual will be accountable for the delivery, quality,availability, and performance of the company’s technology backbone, encompassing digital fashion,cloud infrastructure, R&D and software development.
The role offers a unique opportunity to join an emerging fashion and beauty-tech start-up and toprovide sound technical leadership in all aspects of the business. We aim to establish ourselves asleaders in the digital fashion sector within Africa and beyond.
The role will be conducted remotely. As we are pre-seed, this will be an equity-based position on offer,and the individual will be working with the Founder on the product vision and implementation.
● Build out, test and release our web platform, working on developing and evolving all features
● You will also be responsible for ensuring the application is scalable, secure, managing theroadmap and optimizations required
● Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its businessgoals
● Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
● Evaluate and implement the fashion platform and infrastructure
● Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
● Build quality assurance and data protection processes
● Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments totechnology
● Communicate technology strategy to potential investors
Requirements and skills
● Experience in building platforms, preferably marketplace platforms
● Entrepreneurial experience working in a start-up or in projects
● Experienced full stack developer with at least 4 years of experience
● Knowledge of Node.js and Python and familiarity with React.js
● Knowledge of technological trends to build strategy
● Excellent communication skills● Leadership and organizational abilities
● Strategic thinker and a Problem-solver
● Someone who is relaxed and knows how to have fun
● BSc/BA in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus, but not a requirementEmployment Type & Location● Part-time (hours are flexible and will be discussed)
We are excited to work with dynamic people who want to try new things. If you’re interested in a quickchat feel free to contact us at email@example.com