Figma is adding to our team of passionate people who are revolutionizing the world of design. Figma is a multiplayer design platform, changing the way people design, prototype, and iterate together. Figma's platform enables multiple people to work together in the same file. As a result, Figma has simplified the design process for teams of designers, developers, and stakeholders by creating an online space for them to collaborate visually. If you’re looking to work at a company that is building the future of design tools, welcome to Figma.
As a Product Design Intern at Figma, you will own real impactful projects and take them from ideation to execution. You will work fluidly and collaboratively with the rest of the design team as well as other functions. Because of this, you should have a broad set of design skills and be motivated to learn. Over the course of your internship, you’ll have the opportunity to ship meaningful contributions to both the company and the product. We have two Product Design teams, one called Community and another Editor. Our Editor team looks for those with a technical background, for example, a past software engineering internship or personal projects that highlight your coding skills!
You will have a mentor who will work one-on-one with you to make your internship as impactful as possible. You will also get a ton of exposure to the greater design community—we're always meeting with design teams and you will get to learn about what design looks like at all types of companies.
Learn more about the Figma design team:
What you'll be doing:
- Own the design from start to finish for impactful features that ship quickly
- Collaborate with Product, Research, Marketing, and other functions to identify user and business needs
- Work closely with Engineering to ensure a high-quality implementation
- Create flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals for your features
- Get the opportunity to meet with our users—other designers and design teams
- Be an integral part of our small but mighty design team!
You might be a good fit if you have:
- At least one previous product design internship/or experience shipping projects
- Inspiring portfolio that demonstrate creativity and are easy to navigate
- Expressing ideas through prototyping and code
- Eagerness to learn and a track record for being self-driven
- Interest in design tools and design systems
Here are past intern projects: