Location: England & Wales
Type: Full Time
Salary: £42,631 + £3,520 London weighting allowance
Status: Application open untill Wednesday 28th of September, Interviews starts Monday 3rd of October
We’re looking for people interested in establishing a career in product management to lead digital service delivery at Citizens Advice. You’ll lead multidisciplinary teams delivering a sustainable, user-led approach to the provision of advice. The team is at the heart of the organisation’s mission to give people the knowledge and confidence to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
We have an ambitious product strategy that supports the organisation’s overall mission. Within this we are focused on 4 areas:
1. Building outcomes measurement capability
2. Enable a seamless client journey
3. Tailored, tactical advice services online, without needing an adviser
4. Remote advice delivery through phone, chat, video and email platforms
We’re growing fast, and today, we have 10 multidisciplinary product and platform teams, split across four areas: public advice, adviser-facing services, platforms, and advice-area specific services.
You’ll be working on products that help 30 million people every year, and your work here will make a huge difference to their lives. You’ll be setting the goals, strategy and priorities within our cross-functional public advice team, and defining the way millions of people get help from us on a daily basis.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Citizens Advice. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too. In fact, several of our leadership team members work four days a week.
What you’ll do every day
You’ll be expected to understand and balance user needs and organisational objectives to frame problems and set goals for your team.
● understand product vision and strategy
● lead a small cross-functional product team
● coordinate and communicate with stakeholders
● build positive relationships with operational colleagues
● take a user-centred design approach
● deliver using agile principles
● be outcome focused and data-driven
● balance needs of clients and the organisation
● You’re passionate about Tech for Good and want to work in an equity-driven organisation solving complex problems
● You’ve got experience of leading a team and balancing different priorities
● You believe in creating the best possible experience for users of digital products
● You want to take a social justice approach to your work
● You’re comfortable with ambiguity, and can take decisions in uncertainty
● You’re have lots of energy for sharing your knowledge and working in the open
● You enjoy collabrating with technical and non-technical people and learning from them
● You want to be part of a growing product management community, at the centre of organisational transformation
● What we’re doing here at Citizens Advice excites you!
Drop in session:
We are hosting a dropping session about the role with Citizen advice on Friday 23rd of September, 12-1pm (BST), you can sign up here.